Tuesday, April 6, 2010

THE ONE (1) LEFT SHOE

There is an old lady who sells shoes on the street. They are very cheap and occasionally
Has some good shoes.
She, of course, displays only one shoe out of the sacks of shoes.
I found one I liked and surprise, it was just my size (41), a left shoe. Nice and comfy,
Perfect for walking the 14th century cobbled streets of burgas!
2 young girls arrive-just looking. One speaks English.
But that doesn’t seem to matter. (as you will see)
“I’ll take this one “, I say. She takes it, then promptly loses it amongst the mountain
Of shoes. She then finds the “right “ shoe, but can’t find the “left”
The girls are watching in wonder as the little old lady tries to sell me ONE (1) shoe
“only 3 leva (2 Euros). There is no mistaking it , as she has the ONE shoe ready in
A plastic bag.
“Ne, ne” I say, I need 2 shoes, one for the left foot & one for the right!!!!!!! “as you
Can see I have 2 (two) feet.
After 20 minutes of fumbling around in her sacks, she finds the left & the right-size (41)
It says on the sole.??? I gave her the 5 leva, feeling quite happy; good shoes for the
Kingly price of 5 leva!!!
The girls laugh and depart , saying; “this is Bulgaria”!!!!
In all that fuss I had neglected to try on the shoes.
At home at last, and I try them and guess what??? They are far too small………….
Will tell you about the rest of the day later, I’m now 2 (too tired)

NON FICTION

No comments:

Post a Comment