Friday, April 16, 2010

The Baroom Brawl

Dear Marissa,
Are you getting to know Andre? Well, here’s more………………
THE BAROOM BRAWL

3rd Avenue, N.Y.C.,,1958

Andre & I had an appointment with HIS friend, Jan at an Irish Saloon, where we were NOT
Known. Can’t imagine why she had chosen this filthy dive??

Jan was late, so, while waiting, I went to play the slot machine or whatever it’s called?
( the one where you have to put the balls in the hole.).

A grubby, young tough approached me;………..”let’s make a bet, $5 if you win and a
KISS for me if I win, darling?”

I, of course , won! As I usually do.

“OKAY” say I, “my $5 please! “NO, no says he, I’d rather kiss you, darling, $5 worth
Of kisses!
At this point, I need Andre- he is sitting there quietly reading a newspaper
“DO SOMETHING” I say.

The Irish thugs start gathering around us in a very threatening manner.
Andre stands up, his fists ready, (as they teach you in English schools)

The toughs gather closer, while I cower in a dark corner.
They move in for battle…………………………………The “would be kisser” punches
Andre in the nose, and I think this the END, but no……………………………………..
Andre gets up and kicks him in the balls…….the kisser falls down…….the thugs are
Now surprised & a wee bit angry…….so…… ALL of them attack Andre, who……
Falls on top of the kisser, with the thugs on top of him.

The kisser now has 2(two) broken legs & 1(one) arm, which is awry in the most
Extrinsic fashion.

Police & ambulancecome to the rescue

We DO go & visit him in the hospital. (the winner can afford this act of kindness).
“What’s fair is fair” says kisser. They shake hands & become sortof friends.

I kiss him on the cheek, he smiles gratefully.

Love, Iris

P.S. The next episode is of attempted rape & murders (plural)

3 comments:

  1. while i was pining away for u because u left me u were galavanting around with a polack in cheap barrooms!!!did he pass the light bulb test???wow--what a faithless bitch u turned out to be!!!
    your ex-husband
    guess my name!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the word is not faithless but rather unfaithful

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved your stories--am sure your book will be a success!!!

    ReplyDelete